Larry Page & Sergey Brin
27th September 1998
75+ Billion/ Month
Estimated 3+ Billion USD
About Google Company
Google is a well reputed American multinational technology company and specializes in Internet-related services and products. Online advertising technologies, search engine, software, cloud computing and hardware are specialized by Google. It was founded in September 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Google is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Google is considered as one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Apple, Amazon and Facebook. Google’s subsidiaries are YouTube, Google.org, Google Nest, YouTube TV, Google AdMob, Kaggle etc. Although officially Google doesn’t have any full form but it originated from a word “googol” which means a huge number. And it represents a number that is 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin, together they own nearly 14 percent of Google shares and controls 56 percent of the stockholders voting power through supervoting stock. Now, Google is the main search engine on World Wide Web across all platforms, with 92.62% hold on market share as of June 2019. Google handles more than 5.4 billion searches in a day.
The main goal of Google Search is to hunt for content in publicly accessible documents given by web servers, as opposed to other data, like images or data contained in databases.The idea of Google Search was originally developed in 1997 by Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Scott Hassan. In June 2011, Google launched “Google Voice Search” to search by spoken words, rather than typed. Google launched a Knowledge Graph semantic search feature in may 2012.
About Google Services
Maximum people thought that Google is a Web search company but the CEO Larry Page of Google does not. He dreamed a dream of Google as a technology company.
Larry Page believes that Google’s mission is to identify human problems than can be solved with technology and then he comes up with the technologies that solve those problems.
A list of available and under development Google products are given below.
● Google is an Internet search engine.
● It is a web email.
● It is a news aggregator.
● It is a Calendar software.
● Google is a suite of productivity applications, including spreadsheet, word-processing,
and photo-editing software.
● It is a cloud storage for consumers
● It is a cloud storage for businesses.
● Google is a cloud computing for businesses.
● It is a website for watching Internet videos.
● It is a web browser.
● Google is a smartphone/tablet operating system.
● It is a thermostat.
● Google provides unknown life-extending technologies.
● Google developed computerized contact lenses
● It trying to develope Robot assistants
● Google working on Self-driving cars
● A spoon designed for people with diseases such as Parkinson’s.
● Google is a home video monitoring system.
● Google provides high-speed Internet service.
● A dongle that puts Internet video on your TV.
● It builds balloons that broadcast Internet signals.
● Google made Drones that can deliver goods to homes.
● It builds Computers you can wear like glasses.
● Google has a digital collection of all the world’s books.
● It has a map of the world.
● Google has a collection of photographs of every street in the world.
● Google is a social network.
● It provides Software for creating and maintaining blogs.
● Google is an online video rental store.
● It is an online software store.
● It is a live-updating database of equities and financial news.
● Google is a service that allows you to pay for things with your phone.
● It is a language translation service.
● It is a phone number replacement service.
● Google is a Video-conferencing software.
Fix Wall Street and Fix airports know exactly where shoppers are in stores, so that Google can tell them what products are available in the aisle they are looking for.
Some products from the above list are obviously related to Google’s core business, Web search. A Google search bar is never far from almost all Web users which is assured by Chrome and Android.
Shareholders are not punishing Page for a lack of focus so far but Google is up more than 6%. It’s not because of the robots or contact lenses Google is working on but because Google has the world’s most lucrative Internet business pumping the place full of cash. That is search advertising.
Nowadays people are using the Internet on their phones more than they used to before and the mobile Internet users are more than desktop users. People are increasingly using apps instead of the web while using the internet on their mobiles.
Perform a Google Search
Google Search have a series of localized websites. So, when you do a search then, google show you webpages links relevant to your query and in descending order according to their ranks. Google give ranks to websites according to its algorithm, which includes hundreds of factors to decide the webpage rank. Google.com, is the top most-visited website in the world. Some of its features also have a definition link for almost all searches including dictionary words, the number of search results you got after entering your query, links to other searches as well (example: for words that Google believes that are misspelled, it give you a link to the search results using its correct spelling), and many more other features.
“Universal search” was introduced by Google on 16 May, 2007 as a unique idea which merged the results from various kinds of searches into one. Before Universal search, a standard Google search would includes links only to websites. Universal search, however, incorporates a wide range of sources, which includes websites,videos, maps, blogs, news, pictures, and more, and they all comes together on the same search results page. Marissa Mayer, then-vice president of Google search products and user experience, explained the aim of Universal search as “we are attempting to break down the walls that traditionally separated our different search properties and integrate the huge amount of informations available into one set of search results.
In year 2009, Google says that they would be parsing website microformats in order to circulate search result pages with “Rich snippets”. Rich snippets include extra details about results, like displaying reviews for hotels and social media accounts.
Google expands the “Rich snippets” format to give “Rich cards”, which, was similar to snippets, but display more information about the results. It shows results at the top of the mobile phone website in a swipeable carousel like format. Originally it was only limited to movies and recipes websites in the USA only, but later on the feature expanded to all countries globally in 2017.
Knowledge Graph is a knowledge base used by Google.com to enrich its search results with information gathered from different sources. This information is presented to viewers in a box at the right hand side of webpage. Knowledge Graph boxes were included to Google’s search in May 2012, starting in the USA, with international expansion by the end of 2012. Information covered by the Knowledge Graph grew rapidly after launch, tripling its original size within 7 months of start, and it was able to answer “around one-third” of the 100 billion monthly searches processed in May 2016 by Google. Information is usually used like a spoken answer in Google Assistant and Google Home searches. Knowledge Graph has been criticized for giving answers without any source attribution.
Google feed is a personalized stream of videos, articles, and other type of news content. Google feed contains a “mix of cards” that shows topics of interest based on viewer’s interactions with Google, or other topics they choose to follow. These cards shows, “links to news stories, sports scores, recipes, YouTube videos, and other content which is based on what [Google] thinks you are most likely interested in that particular time.” Google Users can also tell, that they are not interested in particular topics to avoid them seeing in future.
Benefits of Google
There are several benefits that you can enjoy by using Google. You can find different ways to use Google when you need. Some of the benefits are stated below that you can get by using Google. These are:
- You can search for anything on Google by using a keyword or keyword phrases.
- You can learn about any keyword or keyword phrases that are most popular for any topic or for any subject.
- You will find answers for almost every question that you might have.
- You can find information about any location, phone number, people, addresses and many more on Google.
- You can find a relevant phrase on Google by using the alphabet method. The process to do so you need to follow this pattern: Use the alphabet method by typing in a keyword then a, backspace b, backspace c and so on until you can find your required phrase.
- Google helps you to reach more audience.
- Google allows you hosting in Google Cloud platform.
- Google helps you to reach the right people in the right time.
- Google helps you to maintain security.
- Jaaxy is a program which is used on Google for ranking, to find a niche or to find keywords of your competition.