|Sanjay Sethi, Radhika Aggarwal, and Sandeep Aggarwal|
WEBSITE REGISTRATION DATE
|4th May, 2011|
|775+ Thousand USD|
About ShopClues Company
ShopClues is India’s first e-commerce market that connects sellers and buyers online and offers a trusted and safe online environment for shopping. ShopClues was founded by Sanjay Sethi, Radhika Aggarwal, and Sandeep Aggarwal in July 2011 in Haryana, India. Currently, the CEO of the company is Sanjay Sethi. In June 2016, it was reported that the online market had reached half a million buyers on its platform. Also, the company has more than 700 employees as of 2017.
The headquarters of ShopClues is in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. The parent company of ShopClues is Giosis which is a joint venture company formed with eBay. The subsidiary of ShopClues is Momoe Technologies Private Limited.
Let us learn more about ShopClues from the below text.
About ShopClues Company’s History
Let us unfold History about ShopClues –
2011 – Sandeep Aggarwal wrote his business plan in Silicon Valley, and Radhika and Sanjay also joined as core members. Finally, ShopClues.com was launched in India with a team of just 10 members.
2012 – ShopClues.com launched its public beta; 14K in Alexa ranking. Total merchant sign-up crossed 5K, and the company shipped its 500,000th item.
2013 – Facebook user base crises 1 million. The company launched National Retail Heritage featuring iconic marketplaces of India. Sanjay Sethi was appointed as the new CEO, and the team grew to 400 members. The company crossed 5 million monthly visitors.
2014 – ShopClues launched its Windows app, and it also launched India’s first marketplace TVC.
2015 – ShopClues raised $100 million in Series D. India Today publication featured ShopClues as ‘The Coolest startup of the year.’
2016 – Sandeep Aggarwal remains the company’s largest shareholder, and ShopClues became the 4th unicorn in consumer internet in India and 43rd globally.
2017 – ShopClues launched ShopClues Surety, a 5 point quality check across product categories. The company also launched its labels – Meia, Digimate, and Homeberry.
2018 – The company opened its first offline stores.
Acquisitions of ShopClues
Following mentioned are the acquisitions about ShopClues.
● In 2016, the company collaborated with StoreKing, a hybrid e-commerce company, and used its platform to promote its products. In the same year, the company also acquired Momoe, a Bangalore-based company for mobile payments.
● In 2017, the company acquired the IP platform Squeakee Media which was founded by Abrar Shaikh, Mumbai, India.
● In 2019, ShopClues was acquired by Singapore-based company Woo 10 with a stock value of US $70 million.
About ShopClues Services
Customers can search for desired products of more than 5 crore plus products across 12,500 categories, which are sold by 5,00,000 plus merchants. Some of the categories are mobiles & tablets, computers, mobile & laptop accessories, home & kitchen, jewelry, kids, fashion, electronics, automotive, sports & outdoors, Beauty, healthcare & nutrition, books & stationary, and everything else.
ShopClues, through its rigorous merchant approval process, ensures that buyers can be assured of all aspects of a product purchase, be it quantity, quality, price, or authenticity. ShopClues brings the best from all India all together in just one platform. A person can be a buyer or a seller on their platform, but there is one common thing that ShopClues promises to both is that unmatched online experience no matter which side of the transaction they are on.
Following are some of the policies about ShopClues –
● Shipping policy of ShopClues This policy is formulated by keeping in mind the needs and comfort of the customers. ShopClues process their order within 48 hours and update their customers at each step.
● The refund policy of ShopClues This policy is formulated to assure customers a feeling of security and enhance their loyalty. ShopClues offers easy and quick refunds.
● Replacement/Return policy of ShopClues: This policy is formulated to protect the interest of customers. ShopClues offers an easy and streamlined process to return products.
● Cancellation policy of ShopClues This policy is formulated so that customers can cancel their orders whenever they want.
Benefits of Using ShopClues
Let us see some benefits about ShopClues, which make it India’s leading marketplace –
● Hot deals and offers
ShopClues gives you access to multiple deals, and festive discounts in many exclusive apps only offer like ShopClues Diwali Offers.
● Ratings and reviews
It helps you make the right buying decision with the help of ratings and reviews on all the products and sellers.
● Secure payment
Shopclue offers multiple methods of secure payment, which are cash on delivery, debit cards, credit cards, and net banking.
● Tracking of order
It allows people to track their orders easily and timely communication about their order status via SMS or email.
● Millions of online buyers
Sellers get immediate access to millions of online buyers. They can get numerous orders daily and can quickly increase their profits.
● Offers of PAN India
ShopClues offers your PAN India reach, allowing sellers to sell their products across India, helping them to increase their business in no time.
These were some of the benefits of ShopClues, and if you also want to enjoy these benefits, you know which platform to use for online shopping.