WEBSITE REGISTRATION DATE
4th June, 2000
60+ Thousand USD
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale Group is a French multinational investment bank and financial services company. The Group combines financial strength, proven expertise in innovation, and a sustainable growth strategy to create value for all its stakeholders.
About Societe Generale Founder
The founder of Societe Generale is Paulin Talabot, it was founded on 4 May 1864. Currently, the CEO of the group is Frédéric Oudéa. The headquarters of Societe Generale is in Paris, France.
About Societe Generale Subsidiaries
Societe Generale has many subsidiaries around the globe, some of them are Boursorama, Crédit du Nord, Sogessur SA, Société Générale Marocaine de Banques (Société générale Maroc), Rosbank, FRANFINANCE SA, ALD Automotive, Lyxor Asset Management, Banque Française Commerciale Océan Indien, Komerční Banka, Hanseatic Bank and many more.
Societe Generale is one of Europe’s leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supporting 30 million clients every day with 133,000 staff in 61 countries.
About Societe Generale’s History
On 4 May 1864, Napoleon III signed Societe Generale’s founding decree. Founded by a group of industrialists and financiers driven by the ideals of progress, the Bank’s mission has always been “to promote the development of trade and industry in France”.
Societe Generale has worked to modernize the economy, following the model of a diversified bank at the cutting edge of financial innovation. The branch network grew rapidly throughout the French territory, increasing from 46 to 1,500 branches between 1870 and 1940.
Societe Generale began to build an international reach by financing infrastructure essential to the economic development of several countries in Latin America, Europe, and North Africa.
The Group developed a universal banking strategy, in particular through their Corporate and Investment Banking arm, to support the worldwide development of their customers.
Firmly focused on the future by helping their clients to bring their projects to life, Societe Generale has embraced with conviction the opportunities of the digital age to best anticipate the needs of their customers and members of staff, and embody the bank of the 21st century.
Drawing on more than 150 years of expertise at the service of its clients and the development of the real economy, in January 2020 Societe Generale group defined their purpose as “Building together, with their clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative financial solutions”.
About Societe Generale Services
Founded by a group of entrepreneurs in 1864 “to promote the development of trade and industry in France”, Societe Generale is today one of the leading European financial services groups.
Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy.
Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, Societe Generale has over 133,000 members of staff in 61 countries and supports daily 30 million individual clients, businesses, and institutional investors around the world by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions.
The Group is built on three complementary core businesses:-
- French Retail Banking, which encompasses the Societe Generale, Crédit du Nord, and Boursorama brands. Each offers a full range of financial services with omnichannel products at the cutting edge of digital innovation;
- International Retail Banking, Insurance, and Financial Services to Corporates, with networks in Africa, Russia, Central, and Eastern Europe and specialized businesses that are leaders in their markets;
- Global Banking and Investor Solutions, which offers recognized expertise, key international locations, and integrated solutions.
With a proud history of over 155 years, the Societe Generale group is committed to the positive transformation of societies and economies. The Group’s three complementary businesses meet the financial needs of their individual, corporate and institutional clients.
The broad range of advisory services and product solutions they offer enables secure transactions, the protection, and growth of savings, the financing of projects, daily peace of mind for their clients, and full access to innovative technological services.
- The French Retail Banking networks bring together three major market players. Societe Generale, the Crédit du Nord group, and Boursorama Bank serve a client base consisting of individuals, businesses, professionals, not-for-profits, and local authorities.
- The International Retail Banking operations, Insurance and Financial Services are building their networks in Africa, Russia and Central Europe, and Eastern Europe. The specialized equipment finance and vehicle leasing and fleet management businesses are leaders in Europe and worldwide their markets.
- The Global Banking and Investor Solutions offer brings together the combined skills of their teams dedicated to asset management, corporate and investment banking, and private banking activities. Their tailor-made solutions support large corporate, institutional, and investor clients, as well as management companies and their private banking clients.
About Societe Generale Benefits
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits about Societe Generale –
- Find your savings, loans, and insurance contracts in dedicated sections and discover the offers that have been selected for you.
- Get a free call back from an advisor to get more information and subscribe online or make an appointment at the agency directly from the App.
- Security is their priority, which is why they have developed the Security Pass which strengthens the security of your transactions and simplifies the validation of certain operations, such as adding a beneficiary or international transfers.
- Manage your card space in real-time: Manage withdrawal and payment limits, lock/unlock, credit card opposition, etc.
- For each situation, its money transfer – Make / Track your transfers (punctual, instant, deferred, permanent, payments on my PEL and international transfers in more than 30 currencies)
This was all about Societe Generale; about Societe Generale services and benefits that has it one of the leading European financial services groups.
**[SimilarWeb societegenerale.com] Retrieved 7th March, 2022
***[Siteprice societegenerale.com] Retrieved 7th March, 2022
Disclaimer: Data given in the table at the beginning of the article are subject to change, please check the reference websites for latest value.