Gaurav Munjal, Dr. Roman Saini, and Hemesh Singh
Online Education Website
DOMAIN REGISTRATION DATE
26th July, 2006*
775+ Thousand USD***
About Unacademy Company
Unacademy is an Ed-tech company. The online portal Unacademy supports teaching and learning through educational lectures and videos.
The business began as a Youtube channel launched by Gaurav Munjal and Dheeraj Meena. The business was then registered as an education corporation in Bengaluru in 2015.
After raising $150 million from Softbank and other current investors, the company joined the exclusive Unicorn club in September 2020.
About Unacademy Parent Organization
The parent organization of Unacademy is Sorting Hat Technologies Private Limited.
About Unacademy Founders
The founders of Unacademy are Gaurav Munjal, Dr. Roman Saini, and Hemesh Singh. The company was founded in the year 2015.
Although Gaurav Munjal and Dheeraj Meena launched a YouTube instructional channel with the same name in 2010, the business was legally registered as Unacademy as an education corporation in Bengaluru in 2015.
- Completed his schooling from St. Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, Jaipur, in 2008.
- Completed his Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) in Computer Science from NMIMS University, Mumbai, in 2012.
- Worked as a Software Engineering Intern in Directi, Mumbai, from April 2011 to July 2011.
- Started the YouTube channel of Unacademy in 2010.
- Worked as a Software Developer in Directi, Mumbai, from June 2012 to June 2013.
- Founded a startup “Flatchat” in April 2013 in Mumbai and then shifted to Bangalore in 2014.
- Become the co-founder and CEO of Unacademy in 2015.
Dr. Roman Saini
- Completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.), from All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), New Delhi, in 2013.
- Worked as a Junior Resident in AIIMS, New Delhi, from February 2014 to June 2014.
- Served the Government of India as an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer from June 2014 to January 2016.
- Become co-founder of Unacademy in January 2016.
- Completed his Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) from Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology in 2013
- Joined “Flatchat” as a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in 2014.
- Become co-founder and CTO of Unacademy in 2015.
Key People of Unacademy
Check about Unacademy Key People given below:-
- Gaurav Munjal is the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Unacademy.
- Roman Saini is the Chief Educator of Unacademy.
- Hemesh Singh is the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) of Unacademy.
- Karan Shroff is the CMO (Chief Marketing Office) of Unacademy.
- Ganesh BJ is the Director – Finance of Unacademy.
Unacademy Contact Information
The headquarters of the company is located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Unacademy Head Office Address: Maruthi Infotech Center, 100 Feet Rd, Embassy Golf Links Business Park, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 560071
- Unacademy Contact Number: +91 858-585-8585
- Unacademy E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unacademy E-mail for Complains: email@example.com
About Unacademy Fundings
Check about Unacademy Fundings information given below:-
- May 2016: Raised $500 Thousand in Seed Funding Round from Blume Ventures.
- January 2017: Raised $4.5 Million in Series A Funding Round.
- September 2017: Raised $11.5 Million in Series B Funding Round.
- July 2018: Raised $21 Million in Series C Funding Round.
- June 2019: Raised $50 Million in Series D Funding Round.
- February 2020: Raised $110 Million in Series E Funding Round.
- September 2020: Raised $150 Million in Series F Funding Round.
- January 2021: Raised $50 Million in Secondary Market Funding Round.
- August 2021: Raised $440 Million in Series H Funding Round.
After the most recent Series H fundraising round, which was headed by Temasek, Softbank, Tiger Global, and others and raised $440 million on August 1, 2021, Unacademy is now valued at $3.44 billion.
Investors of Unacademy
Some of the lead investors of Unacademy are:-
- Mirae Asset Venture Investment
- General Atlantic
- Deepinder Goyal (Co-Founder of Zomato)
- Ritesh Agarwal (Founder of OYO Rooms)
- Tiger Global Management
- Dragoneer Investment Group
- Bhavin Turakhia (Co-Founder of Zeta)
- SoftBank Vision Fund
- Temasek Holdings
- Aroa Ventures
About Unacademy Subsidiaries
Unacademy has acquired 12 businesses to improve its position in the Ed-tech industry. Swiflearn was the final acquisition, and Unacademy purchased it on November 3, 2021. Before being acquired by Graphy on October 11, 2021, the company had previously purchased the Edtech SaaS platform Spayee, which Unacademy financed.
About Unacademy History
Check about Unacademy History given below:-
The year 2017
- By 2017, it had more than 1 million students, 5000+ registered educators, and more than 40,000 newly launched programs.
The year 2018
- Unacademy acquired the company WiFi study
The year 2020
- At the end of March, the company acquired Kreatryx.
- Unacademy said it would offer 20,000 free live classes to all its current and new customers in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These classes are accessible without a paid subscription.
- Unacademy acquired CodeChef, an online platform for algorithms and coding. This acquisition helped the company to launch coding skills for school kids.
The year 2021
- Unacademy launched “Educate India” in May 2021, a project sponsored by Feeding India that gave 10,000 children free one-year subscriptions valued at $19 crore.
- On August 11, 2021, Unacademy and MS Dhoni announced their partnership, and the former captain of the Indian cricket team appeared in an 85-second promotional short introducing Unacademy.
The year 2022
- The company launched its first offline center in Kota, Rajasthan.
- Unacademy joined IAMAI’s India as one of the organization’s founding members in January 2022.
- On May 5, 2022, Unacademy began its “Meri Pehli Academy” campaign, which honors motherhood on Mother’s Day.
About Unacademy Services
Check about Unacademy services given below:-
- Online Classes: Unacademy offers both live and pre-recorded classes.
- Competitive Exam Preparations: The Unacademy app is accessible to college applicants preparing for competitive examinations like the CAT, GATE, UPSC, etc., and 10+2 students.
- Motivational Sessions: In its exclusive “Legends on Unacademy” project, Unacademy imposes life lessons and inspirational conversations with great educators.
- Unacademy Plus: Its subscription-based concept was introduced in February 2019.
With the Unacademy Plus Subscription, students have access to 14 Indian languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, and Bhojpuri, as well as live classes taught by educators from all around the nation in English.
Benefits of using Unacademy
Check about Unacademy benefits given below:-
- Learn from your Favorite Teacher: If you don’t like the teacher, you can switch to a different one without paying extra; however, this is impossible in offline coaching classes.
- 24*7 Learning Facility: You can choose how much time you want to spend learning online courses. The lessons are made as per the curriculum.
- Study at Home: In offline tuition, you may find a good teacher far from home, so you spend time and energy moving back and forth. Since you will be attending classes online, you do not need to go anywhere, which saves you time.
- Monitoring by Parents: Parents can evaluate whether their children receive the proper education through online tutoring. Additionally, research indicates that comfort in one’s home and familiar circumstances can help foster successful and worthwhile learning. It helps in improving concentration and focus.
- Doubt Solving Classes: There are Doubt Solving LIVE classes (LIVE online tuition) in which students and teachers communicate in real-time.
- Help from Top Teachers: You can take examinations created by the top teachers in online tuition, but you can only find this information on a reputable and well-known website for online education. The teachers will assess your strengths and weaknesses and offer suggestions for improvement.
This is all About Unacademy Company and the benefits of using the Unacademy website. Hope you liked the information about this Education website.
You can share your experience with Unacademy in the comment section and give reviews about Unacademy website.
**[SimilarWeb unacademy.com] Retrieved 17th March, 2023
***[Siteprice unacademy.com] Retrieved 17th March, 2023